Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Please Sir, Can I Go Home Now?

My stomach seems to be at odds with the rest of my body today.

Do you think it could be the really bad coffee we had at the hospital all evening long, or was it perhaps the spaghetti dinner The Boy fixed and had waiting when I walked in the door at 9:30 p.m. last night?

Whatever the case, it's been crackers for breakfast to try and settle things down, followed by a healthy dose of Xanax. The only problem with the healthy dose of Xanax is that I'm falling asleep at my desk as I type. Forget about work or writing Ye Olde Blogge. I'm fighting to keep from having my boss call the paramedics because I'm bringing the office down around everyones' ears due to All The Snoring.

Add to that the fact that Hubster was kind enough to share his head cold with me, and you have an almost perfect scenario for an almost perfect day.

Oh, and it's raining.

Does anyone have a spare hole I can crawl into just for the day? I promise to bring my own blanket and pillow, and I really won't scare too many woodland creatures out of existence.

I might even buy them leeetle tiny earplugs...

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

Might I suggest Pepto instead of XANAX??? Just a thought...

Chris said...

Yeah, not a Pepto kind of stomach. More a stress type thing (see my email to you), and besides, Pepto makes me barf.

Big time.

After the past few days I'm up for Xanax and maybe a few margaritas on the side...

Linds said...

I would forget the office and opt for the paramedics. Go home and sleep.