Monday, July 16, 2007

Rub-A-Dub-Dub, It's More In-A-Tub!

(Edited to add the photo of the ACTUAL GOODS which I swiped from HeyJules. Go here to check out her reaction!)

My good friend and pal HeyJules grew up in the same neighborhood, more or less, as I did. However, we attended rival high schools - she, the red and yellow (yawn) and me, the Purple and Gold (the crowd cheers wildly!).

Nevertheless, we both share the love of In-A-Tub, even though it technically is on Purple and Gold turf. Those of us with Royal Blood learned to share our riches with the lesser among us, and so the red and yellows and the blue and dark blues and yea, even the blue and whites among us were allowed to partake of its goodness.

Those hot, crispy, greasy, deep-fried tacos with the lettuce, sauce, and oh-so-good powdered cheese that you had to eat fast before they fell apart, and that you had to actually let DRIP into the tub before you bit into one...ahhhhhh.....

The crispy burrito drowned in sauce....the Pocketburger....the veggie stix, the fried cauliflower, the quart-sized shakes, the taco salad, the....the....the....

Really, it's enough to make a girl have a conniption fit RIGHT HERE just THINKING about All the Greasy Goodness!

And so, it was with some fear and trepidation that I read this email from my friend HeyJules today:


Just so you know...

I read your post about In-A-Tub Sunday morning before leaving for early service. I got so excited thinking about all that delicious greasiness and powdered cheese that I found a reason to head down the street it's on instead of heading for home where a week's worth of groceries awaited me.

I got all the way to the building and pulled into the parking lot when I saw the sign on the door.


CLOSED ON SUNDAYS.

I cannot accurately express to you how much I hated you and that blog of yours in that very moment. It's a good thing I love ya to pieces or I would have had to kill ya.

So, tonight, after work, I'm going to Petco ... to get some dog food and then I'm driving home by way of In-A-Tub, and I WILL get my two cheese mild and I WILL get my burrito with cheese and sauce and I WILL eat every last bite of it and then I will blame you and your stupid blog post for the fact that my jeans don't fit.

Oh yeah, I can smell that greasy goodness now...


As I told her, I am only the messenger of good things, people. What you choose to do with the glad tidings I bring is YOUR business.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

You sure do know how to rub salt in a wound...

I went to Petco to pick up dog food and two new fish and by the time I hit N. Oak Tfwy the rush hour was ON and I could not exit to the Palace de Grease for fear that I would never EVER be allowed to make a left hand turn back out into traffic again.

So NO I did not get my two mild and NO I did not get my burrito with sauce and NO I did not get my veggie sticks.

My jeans love you but as for me? I'm plotting your demise as we speak...

HeyJules said...

So here's the gauntlet being thrown down:

Next "Saturday at Starbuck's" I say we meet at 10:30 instead of 9:30, have our usual coffee and God talk and then convene at In-A_Tub for an early lunch / taco eating contest.

Be sure to bring one of the chitlin's to photograph me WINNING the contest as I have yet to teach Gracie how to hold the camera steady. ;-)

Nobody messes with the red and gold and gets by with it. You just remember that Miss Purple and gold!