Monday, May 28, 2007

In Which I Admit To Being Sadly Neglectful Of The Bloggy World And Shamelessly Try To Make Up By Forcing Pictures Of My Grandchildren On You

Yes, that's me.

It isn't so much that I haven't had time to write, as it's been that I really haven't had anything to write ABOUT.

Unless, of course, you count having the whole family over last weekend for a cookout. Or the housecleaning that preceded it. Or the unfortunate incident with my hair.....

Oh wait. That's a daily occurrence.

Nevermind.

At any rate, I thought I'd share some of the photos from the cookout. And let me just preface this with the well-known fact that it is absolutely impossible to get a two-year-old and a one-year-old to smile at the same time. It just cannot be done, so don't even try it.

There. I feel much better now.

So here are my feeble attempts at the above:



Oh, and the hair that appears to be plastered to the girl-child's head? That's due to the sunscreen my son slathered on her noggin to keep her from getting burned.

We had a bubble machine, and it seemed to be a big hit for young and old alike. Grandpa joined right in with the younger set, and a gazillion or so bubbles met their demise.

And then there was the baseball game. And oh, what a game it was!


To be absolutely fair, the girl-child had no chance. After all, Grandpa was helping the boy-child, and one can't be expected to pitch a no-hitter in these cases.


Afterwards, there were the mandatory eye-hiding and shoe-contemplation contests, and both of our team members scored high in those pursuits.

I was so very proud.

And to top it all off, the parents of these two little wonders were there to both feed and change the diapers of our contestants, leaving Nana and Grandpa to the pursuit of pure happiness.

What more could we want?

Except maybe to have taken a couple of pictures of the parental units. Which the photographer kind of forgot to do in All The Excitement Over The Grandchildren and all.

Ahem.

God does give good gifts to us in our old age, doesn't He?

Proverbs 17:6
Grandparents are proud of their grandchildren, and children should be proud of their parents.



3 comments:

Susanne said...

Your grandchildren are adorable. YOu can foist pictures of them upon us at anytime! :v)

HeyJules said...

Your grandbabies are adorable. Can I borrow the bubble machine???

:-D

Big Mama said...

They are just so cute. Don't ever apologize for putting up pictures of that much adorable.