Monday, May 14, 2007

The Great Adventure

It all started last August or so.

My boss informed me he had taken another position and would be leaving.

Nevermind that I had finally found the job of my dreams. And nevermind the fact that I adored working with him. Nevermind that I thought I had finally found my niche in the employment wall, so to speak.

Nevermind that it should be ALL ABOUT ME instead of what HE wanted to do. Or what GOD was TELLING HIM TO DO.

Oh no.

Ahem.

And so, in October of last year, he left. And the new guy came in. And I changed jobs.

And yea verily, I had once again found my cleft in the rock. I was happy. I had a boss I loved to work for, a job I adored, and a place to call employment home at long last....until last Thursday.

Last Thursday I found out my new boss will be leaving. He's being transferred to Chicago. His replacement is already set to come in, but won't be here until August.

Heavy sigh.

So, for those of you keeping score, here's the lineup so far:

  • Got a job
  • Loved the boss
  • Lost the boss
  • Got a new one
  • Changed the job
  • Got a new boss
  • Loved him
  • Loved the job
  • Lost the boss
  • Getting a new one in August

I'm beginning to wonder if it's me. I mean, I DO bathe occasionally, whether I need it or not. I'm not too terribly hard to suffer through on a daily basis. Granted, my office could be a little more organized, but still...should this have my superiors running for the hills? People at work are beginning to look at me as if I had three heads or like I have a dark cloud over me at all times. The bosses, they tell me, drop like flies around me. I have become the office pariah.

It's a bit disconcerting.

However, there is still good to come from this.

Throughout the whole process, there has been peace. That's a BIG thing for this worry wart of a woman. I dread change like I dread weighing in at the doctor's office. But for some reason this time I have no worries. I'm calm. I'm accepting.

I guess that comes from knowing God is in control and giving it all to Him. I truly believe that's one thing I might possibly be getting a bit more of a handle on these days. So I'll let Him worry about it. I'll let Him do what needs to be done through this, and I'll try to learn whatever it is He wants me to learn.

Who knows? It could be a Great Adventure......

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Could be! (I liked the video too.)

Carol said...

He's using different bosses to teach you different things He wants you to learn?

He's teaching you to be thankful in all circumstances with all bosses?

He's testing you to see if you'll trust Him to give you better than what you want for yourself?

All of the above? None of the above? Time for me to shut up?

I guess we'll find out. :-)