Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's A God Thing. I Know You Understand.

Wow.

The peace I felt yesterday was amazing. Absolutely AMAZING.

It was as if the prayers of all of you covered me like rain. I got wrapped in this warm blanket of peace, and it felt FANTASTIC.

When the HR guy called, he told me my interview was supposed to happen at 9:30 a.m. Bless his heart, he also suggested I dress up for the interview, even though it was "Casual Friday." I had to tease him about that. I mean, the thought that I'd come to AN INTERVIEW in JEANS just had me rolling on the floor.

I'm just sayin'...

Instead of happening at 9:30 as planned, the interview was postponed until 10:15. When I went downstairs I discovered I was to be interviewed by three people instead of just one. Normally that would psyche me out. Not today! They sat me in the middle, facing the person I'd work for if I got the job, and the questions began.

And it lasted almost an hour.

They asked me about my management style, my history, statements I wrote on the cover letter, what my future plans were....almost everything you could imagine. Answers came out of my mouth with no effort. We talked, we laughed, we almost had a party in there.

It was so very easy. I knew it was a God thing.

At the end of the interview they told me there were eight other outside applicants to be seen, and one other internal candidate. They let me know their decision would be made within two weeks. I was a little concerned because the woman who is leaving notified them her last day would be March 2nd. Whoever took the position would need training, and that would not be possible if they waited two weeks. When I voiced my concern, they assured me her last day was flexible as she didn't have a job yet.

I went back upstairs, still full of peace.

After lunch, knowing I had to go to my second job after work, I changed into casual clothes. Going through my mind was the thought that I would probably run into the guy that interviewed me, and he'd think I was some kind of slacker for changing. But I'm not a dress-up kinda gal, so I took the chance.

I went to the elevator to go downstairs and get some tea around 3 p.m. The doors opened, and the HR guy was there. He asked if we could go back to my office to talk for a minute. I thought he had a question about my resume or something, so I led him back there.

He closed the door.

"OK," I thought. "He's going to let you down gently. Tell you because of something or another you don't have the job."

And I was OK with that. Really. Because I knew that if he did, it was another God thing.

But he didn't.

He handed me a piece of paper instead. Let me paraphrase what it said:

Dear Singer:

If you still want the job, it's yours. Just let me know.

The Big Boss


I was shocked. Flabbergasted. ABSOLUTELY AMAZED.

When I asked why they had decided so soon, the HR guy told me that after my interview they'd had a discussion and decided not to proceed with any of the other interviews. They decided I was the one for the position, and because of that there was no need to look further.

While I sat there with my jaw grazing the top of my knees, I managed to ask about all the other applicants. He told me they would be offered a chance at the position I left.

To make a long story short, I begin training a couple of hours a day starting Tuesday. I take over the reins on March 2nd. There's a substantial increase in pay, an extra week of vacation, and a whole lot to learn in the next two weeks.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers on my behalf. It's good to know you cared. It's also good to know this whole thing was His will, because that's the most important thing.

It's a God thing. I know you understand.

Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!

10 comments:

Linds said...

Fantastic! Congratulations and well done. God certainly seems to want you to do this, and I am so happy for you.

Pilot Mom said...

I'm absolutely THRILLED for you!!! He is so GOOD! Just so you know, I am not able to do a happy dance right now, physically, because I'll cough...but inside...I'm dancing and jumping for joy w/o coughing!!!! LOL!!

Wheeeeeeee!

Congratulations dear friend! I'm esctatic for you.

Just Me said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you! Isn't God amazing!! And obviously YOU are too - cause they hired you! Blessings on the new job!

Susanne said...

Praise God, how exciting! Congratulations. I pray your next couple of weeks go well and you'll be ready to roll on March the 2nd with full confidence! :v)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Bless you heart! I am so happy for you; congratulations, and praise God. This is so funny because I wrote about not getting an job offer this week, and how God gets glory for that, as well. I was one of two applicants that the place held in limbo for two weeks--it was nerve-wracking. I'll have to write about the whole procedure itself some time. I am glad God opened this door for you. I thank Him along with your thanks.

Patience said...

YaY!! Yippee!! Hooray!! Wahoo!! Way to go!! Congrats!!!

(and good luck!!)

HeyJules said...

Yeah, I get that whole "It's a God Thing..." And I also understand the "wrapped me up in prayer like a blanket." It's amazing, isn't it?

I'm so incredibly happy for you! Can't wait for you to take me out for coffee with all the big bucks you'll be making now. :-)

Carol said...

Wow! That's a God thing for sure! Congratulations!

Gigi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

kpjara said...

Congrats! You deserve it!!!