Thursday, February 15, 2007

God's Gotta Build It, Or I Won't Come

I took the day off today.

I've been fighting a sinus infection, and woke up again this morning with one of those I-wish-my-right-eyeball-would-just-fall-out-and-save-everyone-the-trouble headaches. So being the dedicated employee I am, I called in sick.

I slept until noon. NOON, folks. Almost unheard of for me. Certainly NEVER when the kids are home. And I didn't get up to fix them breakfast. And I didn't take a shower. And I haven't gotten dressed yet. And it's 2:30 p.m.

My body, other than the pesky eyeball, is in the midst of one big sigh of contentment at this moment.

And while I was at home today, I got the call I've been waiting for. I have an appointment set up for 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, February 16, for my interview with the person who is trying to fill the job I'd like to have. Since it's at the same place I work now, the person setting up the appointments suggested I might not want to wear jeans tomorrow, even though it IS "Casual Friday."

um.....DUH!!!

So tomorrow, come headache or high water, I will be going to work. I may even wear (gasp!) a SKIRT.

Because, you know, my legs are enough to get me the job all on their own and all.

Ahem.

That is, they could SCARE him into giving me the job on the spot. On the promise that I would never, EVER wear anything that showed them again.

I will actually apply makeup tomorrow as well. I think I have misplaced the little red ball to wear on my nose, but the rest will be in order. And the big, floppy shoes will have to be shined. After all, this guy is a true Type A personality. We wouldn't want anything to be amiss.

Because, as we all know, the well-done makeup is the key to getting the job. Not actual SKILLS or anything silly like that.

So, having bared my employment soul to y'all, I'd like to ask a favor. Would you please pray for God's will in this? Not that I actually do or don't get the job, but that God would be glorified in whatever happens.

Because unless He has it in the plan, I don't want it. And I truly mean that.

Thanks y'all. I'll keep you updated.

Psalm 127:1
[ A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. A psalm of Solomon. ] Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.

4 comments:

Patience said...

Wishing you So Much Luck on your interview!! My Company is on the sale block so I expect to be looking for new work within the next few months, something I haven't done in, oh, 17 years!?! I don't look forward to that part of it, but it might be time to start something fresh!

Susanne said...

Praying that the Lord would move in the direction He wills for you and I pray that you'll be healthy for tomorrow!

HeyJules said...

"Because, you know, my legs are enough to get me the job all on their own and all."

That is one CLASSIC line!

Praying for you ALL DAY and got my blog people on it as well. You go rock the show, girl!

Pilot Mom said...

How did it go? I'm eager to hear your thoughts....