Monday, February 05, 2007

Got Any Change?

Yup, been gone a while, I have. Lots o' Stuff has been happening, and it just kinda pushed the blogging out of the way. I heartily apologize to the three of you who regularly read.

My friend the two-year-old has been rearing her ugly head lately. She doesn't WANNA stop eating so much, and she sure doesn't WANNA exercise. She doesn't WANNA be organized or healthy, or disciplined. She doesn't WANNA work at ANYTHING. (insert stamping foot here) She has only perused the blogs on a cursory basis while she's been away, and she didn't WANNA leave comments that might uplift someone, so she didn't.

She's been a real pain in the butt.

And I've really just about HAD IT with her.

On the positive side, I believe I have now corraled her and thrown her back into her cage in the dungeon. At least for the time being. I hope.

Part of her coming out has to do with The Changes taking place. The Changes disrupt things in her perfect world, irritate her, and give her the strength to break out of her prison. And even though they can be good, The Changes mean everything in her world gets tilted, shifted, bounced, spun, and turned upside down for a time.

It's enough to make anyone a little cranky.

Some of the things to happen in the past month include:


  1. A Severe Tightening of the Belts in Our Family. We are bound and determined to eliminate the debt we have, and as of January 1, 2007 our plan was put into place. We are now living within our means, and while that may be a good thing, it ain't no picnic. No more manicures and pedicures. No eating out, except on the rare occasion. No charging anything unless there's some kind of emergency. No new major purchases. No this and no that. Until the bills are paid down and we're on a more solid financial footing, there will be a whole lotta nuthin' at my house.

  2. The Mother of All Changes: THE CHANGE. In the past month it's become evident that I, the One Who Stays Forever Young In My Head, have a body that is not. It's not only hanging on to weight for dear life, but it's begun to retaliate for lost youth. Personal Summers now visit me at least 4-5 times a day. I have almost no need for a space heater in my office due to this, but I keep one on hand just for my ankles' sake. They seem to be the only part of me that is not engulfed in inner flame at times.

  3. The Possibility of A New Job. I found out last week there is a possibility I could change jobs. It's a managerial position here at the not-for-profit where I've been for the past 3.5 years. It seems to be right up my alley, and it pays more (see #1). Rumor has it I'm a strong contender. All I know is I wish it was all over with so I wouldn't have to keep playing the "what if" song that keeps sounding off in my head over and over and over and over...ad nauseum. You get the picture. Not that I'm worried about it, but I'm stewing anyway. You see, I KNOW God put me in the position I'm in. I know that without a doubt. And I'm wondering if He's about ready to put me into a new position, whether I'll actually LIKE it, what obstacles there will be, and OH SWEET LORD, PLEASE DON'T TEACH ME SOMETHING BY IT!!! You know, like PATIENCE. Or anything. Because we all know what we have to go through when God teaches us something.

  4. The New Boss. It's as if he rode into town on a black horse, dressed in black, with a black cowboy hat. There's no sweet-talkin' anyone here, folks. He's here to do a job, and to do it well. That's his entire focus. Not whether or not your mother just died, or if you have a sick child. The Job takes precedence over all. I just need to get out of the way.


So yes, there's a lot on my plate right now. Forgive me if the posts are few and far between, but please know I will ALWAYS be back.



That's one thing that will never change.

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

8 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh my that is quite a full plate and you didn't even mention all the home responsibilites. Praying God's will is done in your job and you hear soon. And good for you guys for #1. That takes a lot of courage.

martha said...

I love reading your comments. I will continue to be a loyal reader regardless of your frequency. Actually, sounds like your blogs are about to get alot more interesting... I specially like how you honestly integrate your gut level emotions and your faith in an omnipotent God. Keep it up, I really need the inspiration. Martha

Girl Raised in the South said...

Well,I'm one of the two or however many you listed, who love to come here. Sounds like you have a lot to contend with right now, but good for you with the debt thing. We tackled it about 5 years ago and only wish we'd started earlier. Having less bills to contend with makes everything else in life, even The Change, less aggravating. xoxo

Linds said...

I am also one of the one or 2 who visit all the time. And I am also doing the financial recovery thing. Also being tried and tested too! So keep believing, and yes, God is teaching us all the time. Sigh. So you are never alone, remember!

Tammy said...

I'm glad I stopped by again! :)

And about the Change...it hasn't happened to me yet, but I posted about a little postcard I got from OBGYN the very day after my 44th b-day a few weeks ago...it was so thoughtful of them to send me this so close to my special day, don't you think? ;)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'm right with ya in almost all of your five changes. Hang in.

Pilot Mom said...

Well, just counting the ones in the comments I would have to say your cyphering in 'rithtic is slightly skewed....

I'm glad your posting has been few and far between for purely personal reasons...I haven't been available to read them. But now I'm back and trying to regain some sort of semblance of order or "normal" [whatever that is] so can keep up better.

Also, sweet sister in the Lord, thank you so much for the prayers on our behalf at the foot of His throne of Grace. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Truly.

Anonymous said...

God's grace is sufficient for you today and every day. God grant you strength is my prayer today.