Friday, September 06, 2013

Mixxing It Up



You know how it is when you're so hungry your stomach is feeding on itself?

Yeah, me too.

That's how I felt today when I finally went to lunch.  And since I knew I was going to stuff myself, I decided to try a new salad joint just south of here called The Mixx.  OH. MY. WORD.  It was out of this world!

I had a small Tuna Nicoise salad.  It came with green beans (or haricot vert, for those of us with our noses in the air), a hard-boiled egg, roasted potatoes, kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh assorted greens and romaine. It was dressed with a tarragon shallot vinaigrette, and it was delicious.  It included a whole-grain roll as well.

Even though it was advertised as a "mini" salad, I still couldn't finish it all.  And the roll?  Not a chance. I brought it back to work to snack on later.  Only "later" never came, because I am still stuffed to the gills.

The menu includes several of these specialty salads, but it also has a "Mixx Your Own" selection that lets you choose the greens, dressing, and Mixx-Ins. Sandwiches and wraps are also a part of the menu, as are soups, sides, drinks, and a pasta saute that sounds wonderful.  Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are noted, and make up about 40% of the offerings.

In short, I'll go there again for sure.  If you're in the Kansas City area, give it a try. You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

MMmmm...too bad I'm not in KC. Love the fall template. :) Missed that you have RA. Thanks for prayers and still checking in after all this time. (((hugs))))