Monday, June 24, 2013

Randomness

I made a bargain with myself.  Actually, it's more of a threat.

There will be NO COFFEE for me until I write a post.  None.  Nary a drop.  No post, no coffee.

You see, I haven't had anything earth-shattering to write about for the past few days, so I just chose to not write.  And a few days led into a few more, and pretty soon it could have been the Great Writing Drought of '08 all over again.  But coffee saved the day, as it is wont to do.

So, what to tell you about?  Let's see...

The License Plate Game is going swimmingly.  I now lack only five plates.  Hawaii, Vermont, Washington, D.C., Connecticut, and Rhode Island.  If you live in one of those states and are considering a trip to the Midwest, please contact me.  I would pay good money to see your license plate!

The receptionist at work seems to be the only person on the planet who gets as excited as I do every time I score a new plate.  She's quite an encourager.  When I told her I got New Hampshire, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, and even one from Great Britain this past week, she jumped up and down in her seat and clapped her hands.

I live to thrill.

In other news, I volunteered for the Bountiful Baskets site this weekend.  The truck was delayed over an hour and most of the regular volunteers left, so I thought it was a great time.  For my trouble I netted a large bunch of fresh asparagus, so it was a win-win situation!

This week's basket included 2 heads of romaine, 4 nectarines, 4 bananas, a pint of blueberries, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, asparagus (mentioned above), watermelon, and several other things I can't remember.  Definitely worth the $15 I paid!

Temperatures are supposed to be in the 90's all week.  I'm hoping it will cool down, or at least become a "dry" heat later on.  The air is thick and muggy - not one of my favorites.  You almost have to drink the air instead of breathe it.  However, it's great for the garden.  I have green tomatoes that are getting bigger every day.  However, with bacon at almost $5.00 per pound, the dream of BLTs may never become reality.

That's it for my little corner of the world.  How's by you?

2 comments:

Linds said...

I identify totally. The stepping away thing and then life gets in the way. Its uneventfulness. Actually, my daughter says that my entire day revolves round water. Getting the bath water into the water butts. That takes hours with rests. Then, just as you regain a smidgen of energy, the watering of the garden starts. Very boring. But I love it! Welcome to my world.

Susanne said...

It's amazing what the threat of no coffee can motivate a person to do. Not that I'd know anything about that. Ahem.

Not a lot of exciting stuff happening around here. So I write what us Albertans can always find something to say about. The weather.