Monday, May 13, 2013

Give Thanks

(Photo courtesy 1-800-flowers)
Mother's Day was fantastic.

I didn't have to have overdone eggs and burnt toast for breakfast, because the kids are old enough to pooh-pooh getting up early enough to cook for me on my day.  I loved it when they were little, but I love it even more now.  :)

The Boy stuck a note in my bedroom door that said, "Happy Mother's Day - I Love You" and that made my day.  Later, he produced a rose, a card and a gift card to (where else) Starbucks.  The Girl presented me a card and a gift certificate for a pedicure.

The gifts were great, but the cards really touched my heart.  The kids obviously read through them and chose carefully, and reading what they chose brought me to tears.

I got a call later in the afternoon from Son (who lives out of town) to wish me a great day.

For all this, and for my great kids, I am thankful.

Hubster has been bringing our neighbor to church.  For the past two weeks, Neighbor has driven the two of them (since I go early to work the check-in desk).  Before the service started, Neighbor gave me a hug and wished me a great day.  Then, as we were talking, he mentioned he'd bought a Bible that he could understand the past week.  He wanted to start reading to find out more about what this Christianity thing is.

The service was phenomenal, even more so than usual.  And the message?  It had a great deal to do with beginning to read the Bible - getting your fingerprints on the pages.  A Bible reading guide was even introduced for those who were new to the idea.

Neighbor was blown away.  He couldn't believe that it was just coincidence.

For this, for Neighbor, and for my church, I am truly thankful.

Hubster made steak and potatoes for lunch, and The Girl made a killer salad.  Then, in the middle of lunch, The Girlfriend showed up.  She had crafted a vase for flowers and put a bunch of gerbera daisies in it for me.  She also gave me a bag of chocolate truffles.

She stayed for the remainder of the meal and the whole family had a great conversation about everything under the sun.  You can't buy times like these...times spent with your husband and children, times with those you love.  Not for all the money in the world.

For this and so much more, I am thankful.

What about you?

1 comment:

Linds said...

Absolutely amazing re your neighbour. But these things should never surprise us, should they. I am so glad you had a lovely Mother's Day!