Monday, June 11, 2012

It's What ALL the Girls Are Wearing

My 96-year-old mother-in-law is staying with us for a few days.  And though she constantly surprises me, tonight just about took the proverbial cake.

Hubster had just taken her upstairs to get settled in for the night.  Normally he would plug in her headphones so she could listen to a book until she went to sleep, but tonight he forgot.  He asked if I'd go up and do it for him.  Since I was going to bed anyway, I obliged.

I talked to her for a few minutes and got everything plugged in and arranged for her, then went into my room to get ready for bed.  A couple of minutes later she popped her head in and said, "I'm going to put this on, and then I want you to come in and see it."

I thought she was talking about a new nightgown she was given for Mother's Day.

Boy, was I wrong.

I went in a couple of minutes later and found this instead....


And then it just got totally out of hand, and I laughed so hard the picture went blurry...



It seems Grandma's got her groove back. 

She wants to go swimming, and she decided to model her suit for me.  Of course, I had to take pictures.


Not bad for 96, is she?  :)

1 comment:

Linds said...

GO GRANDMA!!!!!!! I am SO impressed! You will, of course, be accompanying her.