Given that, here are five things for which I am profoundly thankful today:
- Temperatures in the 70's and 80's. Oh. My. Word. I almost kissed the thermometer. Blessed, blessed temperate weather with breathable air!
- Because of #1 (see above), I was able to get the weed patch (formerly known as a vegetable garden) cleared out and ready for more planting. The tomato plants were burnt beyond all recognition, but there is a bumper crop of cucumbers! And while the turnips suffered mightily, I am sure there will still be time for a mess of green beans before all is said and done.
- Lidoderm patches are a gift from God. On the days when I can't use pain pills I can slap a couple of these on the places that hurt and they help me get through the day. Or night.
- Quiet morning times in the swing. I have no idea why or how, but I've been waking up earlier than the average bear lately. There is nothing better than the quiet of a morning and a good cup of coffee, whilst chatting with The One who made it all! And I find it settles me more for the day. Except for yesterday, of course, when I was a basket case.
- A church my whole family will attend. While it isn't every Sunday, it must be noted that we have all been attending church together. It took us a bit to find a church everyone was happy with after Hubster retired. Because of his job and the hours he worked it was almost impossible for him to attend church with us. Now he says we are so blessed to have found this one, and I agree.
Here's hoping you have things to Thlog about!