Thursday, December 03, 2009

I Am Loved - If Only For The Unhealthy Glop I Provide My Family To Eat

I have them trained well.

Yesterday I got a call from Pseudo Daughter. You know, the one who actually lives across the street with her real parents?

"Mom? Can you make that Mexican dip stuff that I like for dinner tonight? Puh-LEEEEZE??? Oh, and can you get home early to do it? I have to be at volleyball at 7 p.m."

So I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work for the second night in a row to get the fixin's. While I was there I found ground round and boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale, so it wasn't a total loss. SCORE.

I stayed in the work clothes since I had to attend a visitation later that evening and managed 1) not to get my clothes dirty and 2) to get the stuff ready before Hubster got back with The Boy from wrestling practice. Of course, by then Pseudo Daughter had to leave for her practice, so Hubster, The Boy and I ate without her. The Girl was at work.

(Time passes)

(Enter the second shift)

The Girl got home from work and called Boyfriend to tell him what was for dinner. He broke speed limits getting over to our house, where Pseudo Daughter had just arrived from her practice. The first words out of each of their mouths were "Where's the stuff?" The Boy decided to tuck in with them since he was obviously starved and underfed.

When they finished the victuals, there was a little over a cup left. It was amazing to see the destruction of a meal that large.

And really kind of scary.

But hey, at least I can do SOMETHING right in my kids' eyes, so I'm not complaining!

No comments: