Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Double Your Digits, Double Your Fun

For the past several years there has been a tendency toward a little something I like to call Global Warming.

It's a phrase Al Gore and I came up with when he invented the Internet.

And for those years, in late Spring, most of Summer and early Fall the temperatures have ventured into and stayed around the 100 degrees F mark.

Until this year.

Blessedly, the worm seems not only to have turned, but to have donned a wool coat.

I work at a not-for-profit in midtown, as I may have mentioned eleventy hundred times or so. Every year when the triple digits hit, it's my job to make sure we put an ice-filled tank with free bottled water outside the doors for people in the neighborhood. This is the first year since I've been here that we haven't needed to provide that service. Usually we will refill the tank for at least a week if not more. This year we didn't even set it up.

So here's my thought: I need to come up with a new "catch phrase" for what's going on with the weather. Something original. Something for which Al can't claim credit.

How does "The Big Chill" grab you?

OK, how about "Global Normalization"?

It's a work in progress. Meanwhile, don't tell Al.

No comments: