Thursday, July 09, 2009

Carry On

Yesterday was bad.

Yesterday was Mom dying all over again. Yesterday was losing my childhood and all of the memories. Yesterday was realizing "home" won't be "home" anymore.

And it sucked eggs. Big, rotten, ugly eggs.

It was one of those days when I was thankful my boss was on vacation, that it wasn't busy, and that I had an office with a door that could be closed. Because even though I was at work, my mind was useless. Much of the day was spent in tears, and the rest was spent in thought.

I am happy to say that time of extreme sadness seems to have passed. Honestly, I don't think I could have survived much more of it. If I'd been smart I would've just taken a sleeping pill and snoozed through the whole thing. As it is, I'm almost snoozing through today.

Seems as though all that drama from yesterday has triggered a migraine. I popped a couple of Vicodin to see if that wouldn't do the trick, and am now having a problem keeping my eyes open.

Especially the one that has a red-hot screwdriver stuck through the middle of it at the moment.

Hopefully we'll be back to more of the mundane and boring content you expect tomorrow.

For now, carry on.

Sometimes it's all you can do.

No comments: