Friday, August 01, 2008

Whining About The Wine

I think I've mentioned before that I'm enamoured of a certain beverage by the name of Sangria.

Yup.

That and the Japanese plum wine are about the only fermented-type beverages I enjoy. And I don't do those very often because of the fact that some chemical in the red wine tends to set off the migraine switch if I drink too much too often.

So.

I was at the grocery store the other day and just happened to be in the liquor department minding my own business, when I saw a sight that took me back thirty-some-odd years. It was a bottle of Boone's Farm Sangria.

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. The wine that tasted like soda pop. How well I remember that from my high school days! Not that *I* ever drank any, of course. Because, of course, I was under age. But I remember stories of OTHER people drinking it. Of course.

Ahem.

So when I saw the bottle of Boone's Farm Sangria in the store for the bargain price of $2.94 I knew I had to get it. After all, it had to be quality stuff, right? I mean, all the kids in high school thought so, and if they recommended it there could be no doubt it was a good brand, right?

Wrong. Oh, so very please-get-me-a-bucket-so-I-can-spit-this-stuff-out-RIGHT-NOW wrong.

It is obvious that I was a teenager of discerning taste. Just not in the area of wine.

You just can't get a good $2.94 wine anymore these days.

What is this world coming to?

1 comment:

groovyoldlady said...

Silly woman. You are making me think of my mother and her former love affair with Cold Duck. Eeeeewww!

No, no, no...a GOOD cheap wine now runs at least $6. Inflation, you know!