Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day Fourteen - The Turkey Was Certainly Not All That Was Stuffed, or Pardon Me While I Snore

Ugh.

That's about the only coherent syllable I am able to offer up even now, almost ten hours after The Feast of All Feasts took place at work today.

Oh. My. Word.

I have never seen so much food in all my life. We had four of the large, long, industrial-sized tables loaded down with salads, vegetables, stuffings, casseroles, pies, cakes, cookies, brownies and the inevitable turkey, with another table just for the breads and two more tables just for drinks.

It was indeed a sight to behold.

Approximately 85 people showed up to consume what turned out to be enough food for 150. Thankfully, we have another couple of days left in the week and a couple of very large coolers to store all the leftovers in. We'll be suffering from the effects of triptophan until next week.

I for one was so stinkin' tired after the whole shebang was over that I could only sit and groan. Finally I told my boss I was leaving early due to exhaustion, and I went home and took a nap. Seriously, putting one of these shindigs on is a LOT of work!

So, for tonight this little piggy is going to bed. And you can huff and puff all you want, but I doubt I'll hear it.

Because I'll be blowin' the house down from the inside out.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

We're headed south to have Thanksgiving, and I hear it includes a smoked turkey, cheesy grits, baked beans, and pumpkin pie - pulling out the elastic waist pants as I type!