Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'd Like To Thank My Mother, And My Father, And Weird Cousin Gertrude, And....



This is it, Ladies and Gents.


My VERY FIRST EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME
BLOGGING-TYPE AWARD!!!!!

As I told kpjara over at Can You Hear Me Now? I got so excited I just about wet my pants when I found out she'd given it to me!

We in the Singer household are very excitable people given to sudden bladder-esque outbursts in times of great joy. It's in the genes. Both the chromosomal type as well as the denim variety.

And in the Spirit of Spreading the Joy, I hereby present this self-same award to the following people:

HeyJules at Maced With Grace -
Wow. What God has done in this woman's life over the past year alone would make some of us dyed-in-the-wool Christians repent in our shoes. A fairly new Christian, she is HUNGRY for God and wants to learn and know and be the best follower of Christ she can be....and she wants it NOW, thankyouverymuch, so she's going after it! Her quest for knowledge and truth and obedience is no less than amazing to me, and I learn so much from her passion. GO. VISIT. LEARN. BE BLESSED!!!

Pilot Mom at Claire Bug - Speaking of mounting up with wings like eagles, I am proud to introduce you to Pilot Mom. She's had more than her share of hardships over the past year or so, yet still praises God for who and what He is. She has taught me to not only THINK when I go through trials, but to THANK as well.

Melanie at This Ain't New York - Southern charm at its best! Melanie is young, sweet, Southern with a Capital S, and funny as all get out. Her posts have me laughing out loud most of the time, especially when she writes about her family. She's a HOOT, plain and simple, y'all!

Antique Mommy at Antique Mommy - She makes me laugh. And laugh. And laugh some more. She experiences much of what I do, even though our children are quite a ways apart in age, and she does it with so much humor and such a great attitude! And did I mention she makes me laugh?

Then there's the family award. This one goes to three of my favorite bloggers who just happen to be related to each other. Bev at Blessed Beyond Measure, her daughter Sarah at In the Midst of It, and her sister Barb at A Chelsea Morning have all become near and dear to me over the past months. Although Barb already has one of these awards, I had to group her in with the rest. You see, I do love me a blog about everyday life. I really do. And when that blog incorporates the love of God into the mix, well I just about want to give it a big ol' hug. And that's what these women do for me. That's why I'm giving this one to all three of them at the same time, because, you know, we wouldn't want them to be all alone or anything.

All of the women above are more than worthy of a read.

So what are you waiting for???

Now, the rules are as follows:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

10 comments:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Wow! Thank you!

Me thinks me didn't think too much.

And I added a picture to the shoe poem. :>) Check it out.

Pilot Mom said...

*blushing*
Wow! I've never won a blogging award so this is EXTRA special! I thank you kindly.

And, I'm excited to read and meet some other blogging ladies who I haven't met yet. Thanks for introducing them all to us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much HS!

Susanne said...

Congratulations! And thanks for pointing out some new blogs I haven't come across yet. Looking forward to checking them out. And Melanie, she's just the best.

kpjara said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this and "paid it forward". I can't wait to read some of your favorites!

I'm also glad to hear the job is all you wanted!

HeyJules said...

Hey, love the kudos, my friend! How sweet. Looking foward to tomorrow. Seems like forever since we've gotten to chat.

Happy Easter to you and the family!

Girl Raised in the South said...

I was seriously so tickled not only at your award, but your reaction to it, was thoroughly enjoying it, then scrolled down and saw you gave it to the lump of my family. Sweet, sweet. We make each other think too, even if its just to shake our heads at each other. Reading today that my daughter got her son a hamster (rodent) for Easter would be a good example. I am touched. Youre one of my favorites too, truly. I always enjoy my strolls over here to see your take on things. You tell it like it is and I'm a great fan of that. xoxoxo

Pilot Mom said...

I'll post on Wednesday, hopefully. I'm trying to get tazes done and my appointment is tomorrow!!!

Pilot Mom said...

See how messed up I am? That should be 'taxes', ahem...

HeyJules said...

Okay, it's been six days without hide nor hair of a post...let's get to writing something, woman!