Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are

Where do you see God?

It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

Sure, there are the thoughts that God is in the little things; God is in the face of a child, God is in a beautiful sunset, God is in Nature, God is in my heart, God is over and under and all around us.

But really...where do you see God?

What makes you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is THERE, and not just some figment of your imagination? What part of you KNOWS it's Him? What does your still, small voice sound like? How do you describe God to others?

Try this for me. Write one sentence each, and only one, that tells who God is, what God is, where you see Him, how He speaks to you, and how you feel when you know it's Him. Convince me with those few sentences that the God of the Universe is real. Make me know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the God we serve deserves all the worship we can give, all the praise and adoration we can muster, all the glory, laud and honor there has ever been and ever will be.

I want you to rock the bloggity world with your written voice! Tell of His excellent greatness...but in a few short sentences only! Find a new song to write in His honor. Compose a love poem to Him. Use your imagination, but few words.

Then come back here to read what others have said.

Are you up to the challenge? Then, ON YOUR MARK... GET SET... GO!!!

I'm excited to see the results!

Psalm 150

1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

(KJV)

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

Here's my answers:

Who is God?
God is I AM (Whatever verb you choose to insert after “I am…” is what God is because God is all and He is everything.)

What is God?
Again, God is I AM (He is all and He is everything so fill in a blank and there He is!)

Where do you see God?
God is on the face of every person I meet, in the beauty of every scene I see, and in the souls of every animal I love on.

How does God speak to you?
God speaks to me in flashes of thoughts that I feel cannot possibly be mine as they are either too deep or too insightful for me to have thought of them on my own. Usually this happens while I’m sleeping or driving and it usually consists of Him lining up several things in a row that have happened so that I see the continuity between them all. (And yes, I know that this is two sentences - so sue me!)

How do you feel when you know it’s Him?
I feel grateful for His presence, humbled by His attention, and deliriously happy about having spent time with Him.

Pilot Mom said...

This is GREAT! I will give this some thought and get back to you. :)