Thursday, July 06, 2006

Unfinished

Unfinished.

Somehow I've always felt that way.

And as I near my half-century mark, the time when I should be finishing some things, the time when I should be coming to the end of other things...

I'm still unfinished.

Take my fashion sense, or lack of it. God has liberally gifted others with the ability to throw together the perfect outfit with absolutely no effort whatsoever. Not so for this frumpy female of almost fifty. With my short stature and ample hips, finding anything at all to fit is a challenge; finding clothing that actually looks good is no less than a minor miracle.

God has a great sense of humor.

That may be one reason He continues shaping this unfinished soul of mine. Not only to eventually benefit me, but to show others that if he can take a worthless lump of clay like me and transform it into something worthwhile - something He can use - there is actually hope for mankind as we know it.

And so I continue to be unfinished, waiting for His next touch...His next push...His next tweak, to form me into more of what He wants me to be. How long will it continue? Hopefully until the end of time. Because as long as I am His Unfinished Work, I know He is working in and through me to make me what He wants me to be.

Come and join me on my journey!

Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (NLT)

No comments: