Tuesday, November 08, 2011

It is a dreary day outside.

Just the type of day that calls, nay, BEGS for bite-sized Hershey chocolate bars dipped in a jar of peanut butter.  Only then the Hershey bar tends to break off in the peanut butter jar, so you have to get a spoon to dig it out.  And while you're there anyway, you decide you might just as well break off one little bite of Hershey bar and combine it with a spoonful of peanut butter, creating a healthful delight.

Watch out, Reese's.

Because it is rainy and cold and wet outside, I feel quite justified.  This is the type of day when the RA flares up, and my sit-upon has been (you will forgive me here) a major pain in the arse.  Likewise the hands, the feet, the knees, the upper hips, the shoulders....have I missed any joints? 

Other than the ones I tell my children not to smoke, that is.

NOTE TO AUTHORITIES:  I do NOT imbibe.  This is HUMOR.

Although, on days like these....

JOKING.  REALLY TRYING TO BE COMEDIC.  NOTHING ILLEGAL GOING ON HERE.

At present my sit-upon is sitting upon a heating pad.  I remind me of an aged dog, who lies upon a heated bed in the sun to warm its arthritic bones.

Sis and I traveled to Arkansas this past weekend.  During the trip I actually wished for my butt to fall off of my body several times.  I wanted to have a detachable behind that I could put in a suitcase and pack away in the trunk of the car because it ached so much.

Never mind the looks I'd get from people at the Cheese Factory when we stopped there to pee.

Of course, they'd probably have other body parts packed away as well.  I imagine parents would pack all the children's mouths.  Eunice would pack her ears so she wouldn't have to listen to the infernal switching of the radio stations by Fred, her husband of 45 years.  Charlotte would wish that Evan, her brother, would pack his stinky feet, but she'd pack her nose instead so she wouldn't have to smell the stench as they drove down the road. 

You never can tell what could happen.

In the meantime, me and my chocolate and my peanut butter will make the best of the rest of the day.

No comments: